How do I find what continuing education offerings are available?

The best place to find all the offerings available is here on our web page under "Course Catalog" at the top of the page. Or, simply click this link to go directly to our course catalog. Use the filter features to find specific areas of interest or just browse through the list to see all we have to offer! You can also subscribe to receive emails about programs in your areas of interest!

How do I register for a class?

Registering for an offering is easy. The course catalog and homepage provide a link to the registration area. If you do not already have an account set up, you will be prompted to do so, but it is a quick process that will save that information so you don't have to enter it again each time you sign up for an offering.  Then just add the offerings you want to your shopping cart and check out. Simple as that!

To see detailed instructions and screen shots, click here.

Can I just call and register over the phone?

Our system is designed to give you more control over your educational activities, such as viewing upcoming classes you are registered for, seeing a transcript of offerings previously attended, and more. In order to provide these services, registration through the website is required, so we are no longer accepting phone registrations. If you have questions or need technical assistance with the registration process, contact us at or call 402-354-7100. 

What if I need to cancel my registration?

We realize that things can come up that require you to cancel your registration. Good news! We have made it easier to do that. Just log in to your account on our web page and you can cancel your registration. 

For detailed instructions and screen shots, click here.

Who do I call if I have questions about a class?

If you have a question about an event, please see the "Contact Us" section on the bottom right side of the program page. You can email your question(s) to the email listed. You can also contact or 402-354-7100.

What if I need to leave a class early? Can I still get my continuing education credit?

We recognize that sometimes circumstances arise that might prevent you from attending an entire event. You are welcome to attend as much of the event as possible. However, Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development Division adheres to the rules of the Midwest Multistate Division, Iowa Board of Nursing, and other credentialing bodies and does not award partial credit for its offerings. You may attend only part of the event, but our records would indicate that no credit was awarded to you. For questions, please email or call 402-354-7109. 

How do I get a copy of my transcript?

1. Go to our web page at Click "Account Login" on the top right side of the screen.

2.  Log in to your account.

3. Here you will have the option to do the following: view Current Registrations, view Past Registrations, Search Events, view your Continuing Education, view and print your CE Certificates, view and edit User Information, Change Password and Logout.

4. Click "Certificates" and you can view and print your CE certificates.  

Who do I talk to about payment questions?

The staff in the Nebraska Methodist College Business office is happy to assist you with any questions regarding payments. You can call 402-354-7061 or email

What is your refund policy?

Nebraska Methodist College Center Professional Development (PD) is fully committed to accurately advertising all educational activities and honor all registrations made in good faith. In the event of either a canceled participant registration or an educational activity cancellation, NMC PD will strive to provide the participants an equitable solution.

Continuing Education Cancellation/Change Policy: 

  1. Unless a special refund policy is stated for a particular continuing education activity, the standard cancellation rules will apply.
  2. If the cancellation request is received at least 48 hours in advance of the start date/time of the continuing education activity, a full refund will be given upon notification by telephone (402-354-7100), e-mail (, or by canceling your registration via the instructions emailed when registration was confirmed.
  3. If the cancellation request is received less than 48 hours in advance of the start date/time of the continuing education activity, the registration fee will be applied as a credit to your account and may be transferred to a different continuing education activity in lieu of a refund. Credit must be used within the same calendar year. Any credit remaining at the end of the year will be forfeited.
  4. If you do not attend the activity and do not notify NMC PD using the guidelines listed above, NMC will retain registration fees.
  5. Transferring the registration to another person may occur without charge or penalty.
  6. Online continuing education activities may be canceled with a full refund upon notification by telephone (402-354-7100), e-mail (, or by canceling your registration via the instructions emailed when registration was confirmed. No refunds will be processed after a student has logged into the online course.
  7. A full refund will be given if a course is canceled by NMC PD. 
  8. For cancellations related to weather or other emergencies, information will be available by calling (402) 354-7133.

Nursing Assistant / Medication Aide Cancellation/Change Policy: 

  1. A drop request must be made over the phone or in writing three (3) business days prior to course start date in order to obtain a refund of 100%. A late cancellation fee of $200 will be assessed to individuals canceling a course less than three business dates prior to the course start date.
  2. Nursing Assistant students may receive a 50% tuition refund up to the second class meeting. After the third class meeting, no refunds will be given. Medication Aide students will not receive a refund after the start of the first class meeting.
  3. Non-participation is not considered a drop request and does not relieve the student from the obligation to pay for the course.
  4. If you are unable to continue your course and you have received approval from the Director of Professional Education, you may join a subsequent course if seats are available within 3 months of your course start date.
  5. Only one change request will be made per student at no charge. A non-refundable change fee of $100 will be assessed for each additional change request. Students are not able to extend tuition beyond one calendar year. If the student has not successfully completed the course prior to the end of the calendar year, all tuition paid will be forfeited.
  6. If a student is not able to successfully complete the course, the student will be allowed to join the next available course to complete his/her coursework. If the student is not able to complete at this time, he/she will need to re-enroll and be required to pay full tuition.


In the event that a scheduled speaker is unable to present, an equally qualified presenter may be substituted.

How do I know if a program is cancelled due to a weather or other emergency?

For cancellations due to weather or other emergencies, call our weather line at (402) 354-7133 (recorded message only). If an activity is cancelled for other reasons, participants will be notified via email as soon as possible after the decision is made. A full refund will be given.

What if I have some special needs related to attending an educational activity?

We will work to meet your specific accommodation needs to the extent possible. For those with hearing, vision, mobility, dietary, or other special needs, call us at (402) 354-7100 or email at least 10 days prior to the start of a class or program.

How do I know which offerings are peer-reviewed?

Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development Division (PD) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.

Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development Division (PD)   is also an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Provider Number 120.

As an approved provider, the continuing educations credits we provide are peer-reviewed hours.

The rules regarding the number of hours of continuing education credit as well as requirements for peer-reviewed versus non-peer reviewed hours varies by discipline and by state. Each professional is accountable to understand his or her accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board. Each is awarded continuing education credits based on program content and relevance to specific clinical practice. See individual program information for discipline specific credit information.

Can I use BLS (CPR) or ACLS towards my licensure requirements?

How many hours can I count for ACLS/PALS /NRP/BLS?

Nebraska Methodist College does not provide ACLS/PALS/NRP/BLS certificates to use towards your continuing education.

These courses are considered Peer Reviewed. For initial certification, Nurses can count the total number of hours spent in class obtaining initial certification. The program should provide a certificate indicating the hours spent in the course. In the event of an audit, a certificate or letter from the provider of the education verifying the time spent in the course will be required.

Recertification courses are approved for the hours spent in the course. If a nurse does not have a certificate indicating the hours spent in the course, 4 hours will be credited. In the event of an audit, a copy of the ACLS card with active certification occurring during the renewal cycle will be required to count continuing education hours towards license renewal.

CPR/BLS is limited to 4 hours.

Should you need a letter stating the date of the ACLS or PALS class (with date and time spent in the class) please send an email to Rachel at Please include your full name, course you took (pals initial or renewal, acls initial or renewal) and an address you want the letter mailed to/emailed to.

You can find more information about this at the following links:  

Nebraska residents:

Click this link for more information from the American Heart Association regarding CE credits.

How do I request an educational offering on a specific topic?

The easiest way to request a continuing education activity on a specific topic is to use the request form on our website. Click here to access the form. We look forward to hearing from you!

How do I obtain a replacement card for CPS/BLS, PALS or ACLS?

Please click here to access a replacement American Heart Association card. 

How do I obtain a CPR/BLS, PALS, or ACLS Book for an upcoming class?

Any student can borrow a copy of all Life Support books at the Clark building front desk. You do not need to contact us prior to picking up, for front desk hours please call 402-354-7000. **ALL borrowed texts MUST be returned to the front desk the day of class.   

The American Heart Association (AHA) now allows the books to be used during the written exam. Books will be available in the classroom for that purpose, so borrowed books must be returned to the Front Desk prior to class.  

WOMEN'S HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES:  Please contact Rachael Travalik to arrange a book pick up at 402-815-1895.  

JENNIE ED EMPLOYEES: Please contact Lisa Joy to arrange a book pick up at 712-396- 6035.   *Students will also have the opportunity to purchase a book for their life support course from the link in their registration email upon successful registration.  

How do I subscribe for e-mail flyers?

Subscribing is easy and allows you to select exactly what type of mailings you get from Professional Development. Fill out the subscribe form on our webpage and select your profession and categories of interest. You will begin receiving fliers to the e-mail address you provide.

How do I unsubscribe from receiving e-mail fliers?

If you have previously subscribed for our e-mail fliers and wish to discontinue delivery, please click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail that you received. This will automatically remove you from all lists. If you have questions, please contact

How do I update my selections to receive different fliers than I am currently getting?

You can update your selections anytime by filling out the subscribe form again.

Why am I no longer receiving program fliers via e-mail?

In order to provide a more customer-focused experience, we have targeted our e-mail campaigns to those individuals who have expressed interest in the programs and services we offer. If you are not receiving our fliers and wish to, please fill out the subscribe form.

If you want to change which fliers you want to receive, you can subscribe again picking what you want and the system will update for you. If you somehow stopped receiving email fliers and you want to continue, please subscribe again.

If you subscribed to receive fliers and are no longer receiving them, please contact or call 402-354-7100 and we can work to resolve any issues.

For questions, contact or call 402-354-7100.

Have a Question?